Unban request of Yaz/Kanker

You want to get unbanned from one of our servers? Please make an unban request here!
Yzzzz

Unban request of Yaz/Kanker

Postby Yzzzz » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:15 pm

Name (or Warband ID) under which you were banned: Kanker
Which server are you banned from? The MadParty_CCC server with (team) deathmatch
Why were you banned? Alright this is going to be a long story, but I feel like if I don't tell you the whole story, you would just deny my unban request.

It started on the 19th of march 2017 when a few guys (Ka3ax I think was his name, and Aragorn) were talking in Russian. I got mad because I hate it when people don't speak english on servers. I don't know why, but Russians, Turks and French people are the most obnoxious people I have ever come across in the gaming community in warband. They only speak their own language and when you call them out on it, (presumably) they make fun of me in their language.

So I got mad and said they had to talk English or otherwise get the fuck out. (with a bit more profanity :c) Like I said, they laughed in Russian (I think) and presumably spit some profanities of their own.
Soon after, the CCC mod logged in as admin (Achilles). I said people should speak english on CCC server since it's an english clan. He didn't agree but I said that was fucking retarded. How can you teamplay (it's TEAM deathmatch after all) if half of your team mates can't or won't speak english so they speak their own little language. We had a short heated debate, after which he kicked me. I joined again, continued the debate and got kicked again. I didn't agree with his opinion on the issue, so I changed my name to 'Russians_are_cancer', after a few minutes I got kicked again. Fine, I'll change my name to my old warband name ('Kanker'). So the map changed and when I hit tab, I saw a familiar name: Lovesnoepy. I tell you this, because a few months ago I met her on The_Ludus where we had a little fight (not in the duel sense). So I decided to talk to her 'hey lovesnoepy, remember me?', after a few minutes, I got banned from the server. Now this is where it becomes interesting. I had the debate with Achilles about the fact someone could spit profanities in another language with no consequences, but I would get kicked if I did it in English. There's always the chance of that happening, bla bla. So why was I banned from the server after I tried to interact with Lovesnoepy? Because my name Kanker means 'cancer' in Dutch. Presumably Lovensoepy (also Dutch) said in the teamchat (she was on the other team) to Achilles: 'hey this guys name means cancer in dutch, ban/kick him'. But this would mean he would prove my point: people could curse, spit profanties and be an asshole in another language with no consequences and YET I was banned from CCC_MadParty. Dear Achilles, I thought it didn't matter which language you spoke in? I thought English wasn't the only language of the server? Then why am I banned for using Dutch profanity? You are just proving my whole damn point.

Time and date of your ban (including your time zone e.g., GMT, CET): Timezone is GMT+1, Amsterdam. Date is 19th of march 2017 between 20:00 and 22:00.

Do you regret your bad behavior and cease doing it in future? (If NO, don't bother submitting an unban request): Yes.

Myrmidon_Achilles
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat

Re: Unban request of Yaz/Kanker

Postby Myrmidon_Achilles » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:24 pm

You discussed that we allow any language to speak in the server (you hate when people speak turkish and russian), then you left presumably angry because I disagreed, and rejoined and returned as "Russians_Are_Cancer". You were kicked after refusing to change your name. Then you rejoined and as soon as you enter you say "alle russen moet dood". I'm not a native speaker so by the time I typed and translated it (and checked your game id to see if indeed you were the same player) and when I saw this I banned you. Xenophobia isn't welcome, racism isn't welcome. This is the reason for the ban.

And presumably you don't regret your actions as even in your request "I don't know why, but Russians, Turks and French people are the most obnoxious people I have ever come across in the gaming community in warband".

" I said people should speak english on CCC server since it's an english clan. He didn't agree but I said that was fucking retarded"

I never said we were an English clan. I said any language is welcome as long as people are respectful, not only English. And again, if people can't speak English or want to speak a different language that is their choice. You shouldn't insult people because of the language they speak or make them feel bad for being of a different language or culture.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Richard
Kitty Warrior

Postby Richard » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:51 am

I agree with Myrmy. Man, I'm from Kazakhstan, and we speak Russian there, but why we are obligated to talk English between each other? For two russians, turkish people it is easier to communicate on their native language. And not all Russians, Turkish, French players are bad, it is Your personal problem that You hate them or something like that. Please, respect all the people on our servers as we do, because We want our servers be welcoming for everyone.

Yzzzz

Postby Yzzzz » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:19 pm

Myrmidon_Achilles wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:24 pm
And presumably you don't regret your actions as even in your request "I don't know why, but Russians, Turks and French people are the most obnoxious people I have ever come across in the gaming community in warband".
I DO regret my actions. Even though I still think people should speak English on the servers since English is a world language and it's by far the language most people can speak, it was wrong of me to spit profanities and be disrespectful to the players and to you.

I won't do it again, since the MadParty_CCC server is one of my favorites (I like (team) Deathmatch) and since my PC won't be able to handle Bannerlord (and I don't have money to build a new PC), I have to play on the warband servers. I would like to continue playing on the MadParty server while being respectful to the players and to the mods/admins.

So I plead again, accept my unban request, please. Most warband servers have either too high ping or are very empty when I play (GMT+1 time).

OliESC_Xberg
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat

Postby OliESC_Xberg » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:14 pm

We will discuss this case with the server team. The decision will follow soon.

Cheshire Cats

Postby Cheshire Cats » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:31 pm

Hello Yaz/Kanker!

We decided to unban you cause you have shown regret for your actions and we hope you won't repeat them again. But be aware, that if any incident like this happens again you will be permanently banned. Everybody deserves a second chance but there won't be a third one. You will be unbanned tomorrow after server restart.

the Cheshire Cats

Return to “Unban Requests”